Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rodeo Break


We went to the rodeo parade with the beautiful AJ this morning. All this time in Tucson, I've never gone before this year. I really liked it. It's like the counterpoint to the All Soul's Procession. It happens early in the morning, in South Tucson, and everyone is alive. It's also completely non-mechanized, which is cool. There were horses, bands, and lots of carriages and wagons.


The parade totally did it's job and made me want to go to the rodeo. It's easy to forget living in midtown that Tucson really does have a strong ranching tradition still and that there are a lot of people who are perfectly comfortable on horseback. I especially liked seeing the little kids riding horses. I'm so impressed with them. 
My favorite part, of course, were the highschool marching bands. Desert View band was playing "Rodeo". I'm a sucker for a drumline everytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment