Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day didn't start until 10am when I opened my lazy eyes and looked around. Ahhhhh. That alone would pretty much have made my week. What followed made this mother's day one for the books. When I dragged myself out of bed, I would see two new hanging baskets of flowers on the balcony. So pretty! One purple and one yellow and both huge. Well done, Jones!
Downstairs there was coffee and bacon. Was I dead? Was this heaven? Probably.
Then, I opened Amy's present while Rob made his famous breakfast scramble. Amy got me fishing stuff! I got a tackle box, line, weights, bobbers, stinky bait jars, hooks, a lure, and a promise to go to the lake to try it all out. Yay! 

Not just any lake, THIS beautiful lake! This is the reservoir just outside of town. Not too bad, huh? It was full of swimmers and boats, but it was also full of trout!

Amy also got a new rod with a practice fish-shaped weight to help her cast. She learned to reel in her line and darn if she didn't catch that rubber fish every single time!

Mommy wasn't quite as lucky. I got lots of nibbles and they ate all my bait, but I couldn't bring anybody in. Maybe my hooks need to be sharpened. Maybe Boise fish are wise.

This is the drive back home. I just love it here. I am a lucky mom and I'm lucky to have Rob to spoil me.



No comments:

Post a Comment