Sunday, January 8, 2012

Arrrrroooooooooooooooooooo!

I got a new telephoto lens for my camera for Christmas and I love it. It has image stabilization and it shoots crystal clear images. I took it out tonight to take a picture of the moon, though and all I got was a squiggly white dot. Drrrrr. With lots of experimentation and a tripod I finally got this shot.


I set the lens to manual focus. Then I shot in Manual. ISO=100, F 11, shutter speed=1/125. I put it on the tripod and set the timer to 2 seconds to avoid the shake of my hand pressing the shutter.
I cropped it in photoshop so the moon fills the frame better.
I can't wait to see the moon shots Dad can take with his new rig. That thing is like a camera strapped to a telescope.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Reminds me of looking at the moon through your telescope in college.

    ReplyDelete