Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baby Shell Game



She says "round and round and round they go. Keep your eye on the square." I don't know where this came from. It must be Dinosaur Train, but I don't remember them doing a lot of gambling.

I find it equally frustrating and valuable that she quotes Dinosaur Train all the time. On the one hand, I can't stand that her little imagination is wrapped up in a TV show. It makes me feel that letting her watch it (albeit only 22 minutes a day) is stifling her little brain and that without it she'd be making up some cute game of her own. One the other hand, I know that it's just emulation and that it is a normal part of language development. If she wasn't copying her little Mesozoic heroes, she'd be saying all of the non- toddler appropriate things I say all the time. I just hope she is able to play freely and doesn't feel bored if she isn't playing dinosaurs.
It is awfully funny to watch her recreate carnival games on the kitchen floor. I wondered what she needed all the bowls for.

2 comments:

  1. You have your favorite shows and Amy does as well. There is nothing wrong with stimulating the imagination with a show like dino train. If she sat and played a video game hours on end, I would be worried. If you want to scare her off of the tv, let her watch the news.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a riot. I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete