Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Graupel?

First of all, I love it here in Boise. We haven't even explored all that much, but I really like it. One of the things I like is the weather. I worried a little that Idaho might be too cold, but it's pretty tame, really. We had a little snow, but it went away. We can drive up to the snow in 20 minutes if we want to play in it.
Unlike Tucson, the weather is actually variable here. What??? Like, sometimes it's cloudy?? Yes! And sometimes it does things I don't even have words for. 

run away! 

Today after lunch it got very windy and started to thunder. If this was June, I'd say it was a big rainstorm coming. It got dark very quickly. Amy and I went up to the balcony (!) to watch it, but it came up so quickly we had to come right back in.

It was pouring ice fast and sideways. It was a little like snow and a little like hail, very loud and just a little scary. Rob said the locals were calling it graupel. Whatever it is, it was fun to watch, from inside that is. 


1 comment:

  1. Graupel sounds like something fun you do with liquor. Not Scary Ice Rain.

    ReplyDelete