Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mom Jeans



Oh God. I have made a crucial mistake. Maybe. I think I may have purchased "mom jeans"


I really needed some new jeans to wear and I bought Levis 518's. They looked great on the hanger. I like the fade and they're bootcut, but not too much. I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Score! How often do jeans fit on the first try?
Well, I came home and began second guessing. That zipper is a little...long. They almost cover my bellybutton. Uh oh.
Here's the Levis photo of them.
Due to technical difficulties, I can't show you the picture Rob took of me in them. Trust me though, I was not wearing heels like this girl. She makes them look pretty normal.
So, is there a reliable test for mom jeans? They aren't acid-washed, I swear. I can still see my own bellybutton, and my ankles aren't exposed. Is that enough? Does that make up for the generous waistline?

Here's a picture of Amy while you consider my dilemma.


*UPDATE*
I knew that jeans photo made them look too normal. They are 512's, not 518's. This is their Levi's photo:
Ashley? Kacy?

3 comments:

  1. Don't fret. I wear them all the time. They make me happy.
    Also. If you're packing away Amy's summer clothes you probably should take them off her first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! They are pretty darn comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a picture of you actually in the jeans would help us judge better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete