Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sneaky Meatballs

I made these meatballs with Amy in mind, but Rob and I just polished off all of them tonight. The baby is learning to feed herself, so I've been trying to think of proteins I can give her that are easy to chew and pick up. Meatballs seemed like the perfect answer. Because I am crunchier than thou, I couldn't just give her meatballs, I had to throw some healthy up in there to make myself feel like a good mama. I hid whole wheat bread crumbs (from our own bread) and spinach in them. Ha ha! Spinach! Take that tiny toddler! 


Well, she ate a few here and there. Mostly she just chewed on them for a long long time and hid them in her cheek pouches, hamster-style.
She had her chance. Rob and I redeemed them with plenty of salt and garlic, and put them in our spaghetti. Then she wanted them. Mo? Mo? momomomomo?
Wha? Did you say those had spinach in them? What. the. hell. mom.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the dinner all over her face. She is really a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she have on a bib AND a napkin? I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you need more coverage than a bib offers. Which reminds me, can we borrow Ellie for the next few months? We have been using a drop cloth at dinner. Not that our carpet is worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! She loooovees Amy, and will even more so now that she can clean up her messes!

    ReplyDelete